- Jimmy is involved with the Annual Radiothon that raises hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for the Hospital.
- Jimmy also does “The RockStar Show,” in which he donates a stand-up concert to those who donate to Children’s Hospital all year long
- Greg Barrett of Children’s Hospital can provide a recommendation letter if needed 412.692.3911
- In 2008, Jimmy was awarded the Golden Fire Hydrant – signifying outstanding charity work for the Animal Friends shelter. Only a handful of the awards have ever been given.
- In 2010, Jimmy was given the Animal Friends Lifetime Achievement Award. Only 8 have been given in their 75 year history.
- Jimmy is the yearly host of “Bark in the Park,” along with several other events.
- He also donates his performances and likeness to the shelter, doing promotional commercials year-round.
- Dave Swisher can provide a recommendation if needed 412.847.7000
- Jimmy has been working with the Epilepsy Foundation for the last ten years, helping to raise well over $1,000,000.
- Jimmy has yearly co-chaired their annual Fun Run Walk and is the main fundraiser.
- Judy Painter is the head of the organization; she will provide a letter of recommendation if needed 412.322.5880
- The DVE morning show CD’s Jimmy has been a major part of raising over $1,000,000 for Pittsburgh area charities. 18 CD’s have been released through the last two decades selling over 200,000 units
- In 2002, the International Olympic Committee gave Jimmy the honor of carrying the Olympic torch as it came through Pittsburgh for his involvement in community charities.
- In 2010, Jimmy was named Distinguished Alumni of Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Only around 300 Alumni have been named in IUP’s 135 year history.
- The Mayor of Pittsburgh declared February 22nd 2008 to be Jim Krenn Day in the city of Pittsburgh, in honor of his outstanding community service and charity work, and celebrating his 20 years in radio.